Nowadays, Inbound Marketing is extensively used to generate leads. However, that does not mean that we should completely abstain from the Outbound Marketing strategy. It’s a balanced combination of these that is the most effective in B2B SaaS lead generation.
What’s the Difference ?
Inbound Marketing is a strategy where you create content or social media tactics that spread brand awareness, so that people learn about you and go to your website for information. They may then purchase or show interest in your product (Source: HubSpot). In Inbound Marketing strategy, the marketing funnel starts with the Awareness stage, then moves on to the Consideration stage, and finishes with a Decision stage.
Outbound Marketing is a traditional method of marketing, seeking to push messaging out to potential customers. Outbound Marketing includes activities such as trade shows, seminar series, and outbound calling or prospecting (Source: HubSpot). In Outbound Marketing strategy, the marketing funnel consists of the following stages: Identify, Expand, Engage, Advocate.
How Can Inbound and Outbound Marketing Strategies be Used in B2B SaaS?
There are different ways your Inbound and Outbound Strategy can be used in combination for an effective B2B SaaS lead generation.
- Targeting & Direct Mail. Nowadays, cold calling or direct email may often be ignored and not be considered effective in B2B SaaS leads generation. However, when targeting the right audience, the Outbound Marketing tactics rise significantly in effectiveness.
- Automated Inbound Campaigns & Telemarketing. While telemarketing may not always target the right audience, automated inbound campaigns don’t have a personalized approach and may not hit the prospects’ pains. However, a combination of these is very effective in finding personalized pains of your B2B SaaS prospects that can be solved with your product. Thus, using both automated inbound campaigns and telemarketing will increase your B2B SaaS lead generation.
- Webinars & Outbound Email Marketing. You want to attract as many prospects as possible to your webinar. Email marketing can raise awareness of this online event and bring more leads to your B2B SaaS.
- Account-Based Marketing & Content Marketing. Account-Based Marketing deals only with leads identified as target audience. However, they may not always be interested in your product. If you use content marketing to inform the prospects about your B2B SaaS, your chances of attracting leads will grow.
- SEO & Paid Search. SEO strategy is effective in attracting the right audience. However, search engine’s algorithms frequently change. A combination of SEO and paid ads can ensure that your B2B SaaS target audience finds you.
- Lead Qualification & Emailing. Tracking the behavior of your prospects on your website can help hitting the target better in emails. You can also go further and send personalized emails based on the prospect’s activity and readiness to purchase your B2B SaaS. You can offer unique solutions to their problems that will attract more leads.
Inbound Marketing is often used in modern B2B SaaS marketing strategies. However, it is not 100% effective. When combined with an optimized Outbound Marketing strategy, Inbound Marketing shows better results in generating leads.
P.S. By the way, you may be interested to learn which B2B SaaS Marketing Agency can help you with marketing – and you came to the right place. Check us out at, “Revenue, Inc.” 😉