Every company wants to book more sales meetings.
Before you have your SDRs get on the phone or email (or before they start using SalesLoft or Outreach), make sure you do the following prospecting for sales as suggested by outbound prospecting expert Jeff Winters, CEO at Sapper Consulting.
Here are 5 simple steps to begin prospecting for sales meetings:
- ICP – What is the “Ideal Customer Profile”
- TAM – what is the Total Addressable Market that is a “Billable Market”
- DM – who is the Decision Maker
- Prospecting Strategy based on your TAM
- Tiers – define Tiers 1, 2 and 3 and prioritize
Here are also the 4 must-haves:
- Accurate contact list for your Target Accounts
- Quality outbound email sequence & talk-track
- Multi-channel, multi-touch approach
- Effective tactics